Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Helping at the Hospital



Yesterday while we were at the hospital, one of the nurses asked if any of us would have time to come back and work on a project for them. Wynde, Bart, and Jamey went back today and painted a playroom for them. We picked out all the colors, came up with the design, and executed the whole thing today. We started this morning around 8 and we finished up at 7ish. We took a two hour break in the afternoon to go to the bible study Louis hosted at the high school, but after that we finished up the detail work and put on the finishing touches. It was so much fun and we were so thrilled with the final product. Check out the photo of the grand finale! Since you can't really see the photograph up close, it's blue up top, green on the bottom, and a wavy line in the middle with different colored shapes. We also put John 3:16 up on the wall and painted The Pines logo and phone number. The kids and the nurses kept peeking in and saying how beautiful they thought it was and how much they liked it. It was such a great feeling! Another mission accomplished here in South Africa! (We'll work on getting a photo posted!)

2 comments:

Kenny Rogers said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kenny Rogers said...

I see you guys were at the hospital today. One time I was in the hospital because my beard was so big I couldn't breath through it. It started growing down my throat. I didn't ride my horse for a week because of that incident. Now I have better control of my beard cause I'm afraid for my life. I'm going go home and ride my horse, his name is Keith, maybe I'll ride him all the way to South Africa. Keith is a pretty go swimmer, we could cross the Atlantic together. Keith and I have been swimming in the Suez canal. As far as I know we are the only horse/person team to ever do that. It was crazy difficult to get Keith a picture for his passport. I tried taking him to Walgreens but they wouldn't let him in. So, I took his picture with my cell phone. You can't really tell it's him in the picture but it doesn't really matter.

Well, be on the look out for me and Keith over there in South America. We'll be a coming.

Peace out
Kenny